The Ancient Oak Gun Club is set in a pristine area of the Lakewood Ranch community off of State Road 64 East. The club is nestled amongst other parcels of land owned by Schroeder-Manatee Ranch including sod fields, orange groves and natural stands of woods.
Ancient Oak Gun Club is open to the public and we encourage all who have never shot sporting clays - or who have never shot at all - to visit and allow us to walk you through the sport to see if this is something that would interest you.
There are 24 shooting stations on two separate courses, which are operated by a wireless, radio controlled launching system that also offers a delay for the individual shooter and a 5-stand for shotgun shooting enthusiasts.
- The north course consists of 8 stations with the targets set for beginning shooters as well as those who like to practice moderate targets.
- The south course consists of 16 stations with the targets set to a more difficult level to allow competitive shooters the ability to practice harder shots.
- Both the south and north course targets will be changed on a weekly basis.
- The 5-stand consists of five shooting stations and a variety of individual trap machines.
- The pro shop offers a wide array of sports clothing, shooting vests, bags, pouches, hats and shotgun accessories.
- For corporate and charity events, and NSCA registered shoots, we boast a 40' X 80' covered pavilion for the use of our shooters.
- We offer covered four-seat golf carts (clay carts) and sport gun racks to hold four shotguns, as well as a front basket for carrying your shells, coolers and shooting bags.
- The Ancient Oak Gun Club has a well-trained staff to assist beginning shooters and to help host charity and corporate events.
- Ancient Oak Gun Club has sanctioned instructors for the more experienced shooters.
Meet Our Great Staff